Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Earlier on this year, in the pages of a diary I decided to go back to school. So here I am, writing a term paper, and starting a new thing. (A whole lot of writing is getting done, I also phoned my pa, who is busy getting ready to move, and engaged him in a half-hour discussion about his new linoleum and countertops, he's having a house built and these topics are generally good for quite a long phone call). Anyway.

I'm also sprouting lentils this week, and preparing to make something with the masses of apples I find in my backyard.

I went to apply for a job today. Another longterm project. I showed up at the store, as requested, and the woman flipped through my resume so fast she couldn't have read a thing on it except perhaps my name. Then she went on for a few minutes in confusing detail about how they were moving the store but not until October 15th, and needed someone for their new store, even though the ad said "start immediately". Once or twice I opened my mouth to say something, but this was not to be. I'm thinking I won't get the job.

No comments: