Tuesday, October 01, 2002

woohoo. fell asleep reading about CSIS today... then the dogs started barking at the mailman. they're good for keeping me studying, if it looks like I haven't moved in a while they'll sometimes come and gratuitously lick my face. Ya still alive? Good.

The phone calls have commenced for my new venture. I love this phase... more than anything, I think, the gearing up of a new business. Last time, with the coffee shop, I was frightened too, wondering if I could pull it off by myself (literally alone, and I lived in a campground for three weeks, slept in my car until the house was vacated by the last owners) but this time I know I can, and there shouldn't be any surprises. Business licence, phone, insurance, bank account, gonna do all that tomorrow. I didn't realize until today that I missed all that. The details. About a month ago, I was downtown and saw one of my old customers, and he said, "what are you going to do next?" and I mumbled something non-committal and he said, "You'll be running something else, pretty soon, I bet."

No comments: