Sunday, April 23, 2006


I'm still up. That's always the problem with working until midnight, I can't unwind and go to bed immediately I get home. I'm starting to get tired now, though. I'm moving into that stage of things where I think I'm craving things (food, drink; something unspecified) but I'm actually just winding down, I think.

Stevie Nicks has been playing in my head all evening:

Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Comes your real life and the life that you know...

Well lately I've been thinking
That the rooms are all on fire
Every time that you walk in the room


I downloaded it off limewire the other day, and it has set itself comfortably in my Windows Media playlist between Simon and Garfunkel and Sting. I was looking for Bruce Springsteen's I'm on Fire because I'd been quoting the lyrics to Ed, and Stevie popped up in the search. Somehow her lyrics are not stellar, I can't tell you I think she's a fantastic poet, a wordsmith -- it's in how she sings it.

3 comments:

Edward said...

The only social activity I had when I was on Noons was "going to the bar". We all know what a crash course that is in personal development, not to mention fiscal management. I decided rather quickly that I would rather work midnights than afternoons. Ugh, my hat is off to you.

Delia said...

How's Jazz? Hope she's improving.

kaiela said...

yeah, no bars here. and people say, "oh I'll wait up for you" and you get home and they're in bed. Ick.