Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Somewhere we are walking together on a beach. We don't talk much. There's no need. I have never known another companion as loving and unconditionally loyal as you. I know that I will stop crying, because my memories will always be full of you. The god that cares for furry animals has charge of you now. I hope that he has a cupboard full of treats, some small stuffed animals that he won't mind if you chew, and that he lets you sleep on his bed. I know I have to let go. It's just hard.

Thank-you to everyone who has reached out, here, in email, and on the phone. It means a lot.

My son is off to Quebec for the Canada-wide science fair. He's taking my laptop, because he runs his robot software off it, and for some reason I can't ever manage to post to my weblog from any other computer. So it might be quiet here until the 22nd.

6 comments:

Edward said...

Kaiela, I am sorry for your loss. I have only recently learned how some crazy mutt can steal a piece of your heart when you aren't looking.

kaiela said...

Thanks Ed... they sure can.

butterflygirl said...

sorry for your loss and best of luck to your son.

Delia said...

Hope Ian's doing well. You must (and should) feel very proud of him.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you butterflygirl, and delia... Ian called last night, he says he thinks he'll come in second place because there's only two of them in the 'original IT project' category, his robot that measures a rectangle on the floor and calculates the area, and a boy whose robot plays tic-tac-toe. (I still can't post to my blog... but I have figured out how to make comments)

Delia said...

Man, I could have used a robot like that here on my house! Can he send me a prototype? :D