Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sometimes I rise to the occasion.

I'm teaching -- a class in group counselling -- and enjoying every minute of it.

My head is spinning, though, because I had to design the course in three days, to last over nine full days of school (ending next Friday). Plus I have racked up full-time guard hours over the last week. I worked a midnight guard shift starting Friday at midnight after a full day of work at the college, and by Saturday morning things were very surreal.

Cubs tonight. We're making yarn turkeys. Thanksgiving was yesterday... turkeys are still topical, I think. Perhaps we could say we're making them early for US thanksgiving?

A funny thing -- used the word postmodernist today, and had to explain it to the class. It gives me a good starting point in undercutting the whole of the textbook...

1 comment:

Howlin Mad Murdoch said...

How much coffee did it take to last all night? I remember doing those graveyards for you in Edmonton and drinking pots of coffee to stay awake!