Monday, October 30, 2006

Yesterday:

I went to my friend Patti's for coffee after church, and backed into a mini-van parked downhill from me in her driveway. Horrible scraping sounds, I swear (I've got a truck full of kids, mine and some others) and hop out. Kids all hop out too. We find that in fact I have not at all damaged the mini-van, and the alarming white scrape is DIRT that RUBS OFF. I am not joking. There is still a bit of a scratch. I go inside to tell the owner, I'm SO sorry, I just ran into your van, and she just laughs!

I agreed, after a 4pm phone call, to go into work at midnight. I dutifully nap in the evening and go in to work -- at which point I am greeted by someone else who was called in, because nobody told the evening shift guy that I'd said I'd do the midnight! I said to him, so what do we do now? He said, happy guy, Oh, I'll stay. You go home. So I did. Slept through the night and went in to work a dayshift after a 7am call. Much nicer.

(I don't know. I'm thinking all this luck can't last...)

1 comment:

Michelle de Seattle said...

I have this green clay mud mask I bought ten years ago. Now I'm thinking maybe I should rub it on my bumpers, to protect them from wind, rain, sun, and my driving :)