Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I think that I have forgotten to mention a couple of things that I found out in Australia. The happy thing being that Roy and Robyn are having a BABY and I will be an aunt in October. Robyn's almost my age, so they've been cautious about telling people, as she's old to be having her first baby, but it looks as if all is good.

The other thing, not so happy, is that my dad has to have open heart surgery again, and soon. One of his valves is failing, and he needs a new one. And they want to check on the five bypasses they did in 1993, as they usually only last ten years or so. We were bugging him that if they knew they were going to have to go in again they should have given him a zipper. He's pretty cheerful about the whole thing. It was funny, because I told them I was pregnant with Ian right around the time they told me Dad needed surgery, and now Roy tells them Dad'll have another grandchild right around the time of the second surgery.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. My mother's had the same type of surgery, so I know what that is. Attitude makes such a difference, I think, so it's great that he has so much to look forward to with the new baby.