Saturday, September 29, 2007


Well. Here we are again.


I want to buy a monastery.


Neat, huh?


Miguel has been building bookcases, (as seen here - and another similar one on the facing wall) ready for when our books arrive. We've been told there's another barge coming on Wednesday, so maybe our stuff will be on that one. I've also been begging bits of plants from people, and I'm growing some pineapple tops. They look very tropical. The piano stool that the dieffenbachia is standing on came from the metal dump. I love the metal dump. Too bad I didn't find a piano to go with it.


It's not so tropical outside... It has been snowing steadily, the last two weeks, and the land is now all covered. It's been about -3 mostly, which means that when the sun shines it melts the top layer of the snow and then refreezes it, so it's slow going around town. I fell on the ice yesterday, bringing Rachel back from the dentist. Miguel has been slithering a bit in the new truck, trying to get used to it. I sold the old truck while he was in Edmonton, just recently.

4 comments:

Delia said...

I have a great idea! Let's all get a group of bloggers to join together to buy the monastery as a collective, and then we can use it as a blogger's retreat whenever we want to go there! If we pool our money, maybe we can all afford it! We could maybe even afford to add high speed internet for the collective, especially if we find some creative ways to power the place...wind and solar power? Sounds so great right about now.

kaiela said...

That's a fabulous idea...... I bet it's warm there, too.

Delia said...

I'll bet there is wine there.

Edward said...

I am totally in for the idea.