Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Went to Ash Wednesday service tonight. I almost didn't go, I was mostly asleep on the couch when the dog came up and I swear he said "Mom". I woke up. But I was sweaty and grumpy and didn't feel like walking down to church. But I did. And I was glad. It was just me, one other parishioner and our visiting Father. Who I know would have walked down there in the cold.

It was funny, there's a passage halfway through, in the Psalm for the Ash Wednesday service, where we ask to be forgiven for envying those who have things we do not. Boy, do I ever need that.

I'm fasting, for Lent. And I gave up sugar. Hence the sleeping on the couch - I only managed half a cup of coffee with no sugar and I usually have, oh, five or six. Roll on, Easter...

1 comment:

Delia said...

Giving up sugar!?! GAH! I tried that once. That was hell. I could give up anything else, but not that.