Wednesday, April 16, 2008

From Ian re-doing his cadet uniform buttons, I have a small pile of black shiny buttons on my desk. I keep catching sight of them out of the corner of my eye, and thinking they're candy and I should eat them.

Lucky I learned the self-Heimlich maneuver at the first aid course I took recently. If I'm going to take up swallowing non-food objects I'll probably need it.

Guitar Hero came back from our vacation, with the kids. I didn't buy it when I was Christmas shopping because I failed to see the point. I still don't see the attraction - I could stand it if they were legitimately practicing a musical instrument - God knows I lived through the "Ode To Joy on a recorder" days and the "Theme from Star Wars on a clarinet" days, at least that seemed to be an accomplishment. But Guitar Hero? Songs I didn't even like from the 80's are being played to the accompaniment of tapping on a mock guitar. I need new knitting needles. Because in addition to my button-swallowing fetish, I have the urge to plunge needles into my ears.

No comments: