Sunday, April 06, 2008

Over at Arctic Hound I got tagged.

What was the first rock concert you went to?
I think it was Bryan Adams when I was in grade 11, in Lethbridge. Him and Platinum Blonde. I know that the first rock concert I wanted to go to was Journey when I was in grade nine and some friends of my dad's had offered to take me but my mum said no.

What is the best rock concert you've ever seen?
I would have to say The Tragically Hip (oh, you're not really surprised are you?) at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre as reviewed in this very weblog back in 2002. But I also remember quite fondly an amazing and deafening Def Leppard show back in the late 80's and a raucous Nazareth concert in the same time period. On the not-so-good side there's a Billy Idol concert where Billy was so drunk he could barely stand up - at one point he fell off the stage and then climbed back up and started swearing at the audience. The Cult were the opening act and they definitely outdid him.

No comments: