Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday

I'm getting things done. I went to work just after noon, and found there was no-one there, so I spent a couple of hours madly washing the floors and vacuuming before anyone came to muddy it up again. I also took all the blankets from the cellblock over to one of the unoccupied houses to wash (really unoccupied, not just house-where-owners-are-on-vacation). The new guy is moving in there on Tuesday and I wanted to make sure it was ready for him, too. I went to do this in one of the other houses before a new couple arrived, and the place had a dead fly problem. The floor was black and crunchy. After getting to know her, I think if that guy's wife had walked in and found it like that, she would probably have gotten in a cab and headed back to the airport...

I'm also working on a church service for tomorrow. It's my turn. Made banana bread, cleaned the kitchen, invited a bunch of people for supper tomorrow, tidied up the living room, took a stab at the bathroom, paid my taxes... (well, the huge ass penalty I got for filing late because we were waiting for a piece of paper from my RRSP.)

Also at the moment I'm caught up at work, I thought I was getting a bunch more stuff to do, transcribing-wise but the disk I was sent turned out to be blank. So until a new one with actual recordings comes, there's nothing pressing for me to do. It's a nice feeling.

No comments: