Sunday, April 11, 2010

The hidden valley


We only walked half the day today. And not very fast, at that. Although some of the trail was a along the side of a steep muddy bank high above the river, and I fell over coming around a corner and had to be caught by Basu and Helena so I didn't fall in the water. We are camped in a beautiful valley, with a stream trickling past, and we've got the afternoon off. I'm planning a nap. I washed clothes in the stream - I picked the wrong rock to rub them on, it had green slime on it and I had to start again - but they're drying now on the fence. I washed my hair, too, first time since Namche. It's been in braids, though, most of the time, so it wasn't too dirty.

Tomorrow we'll be back in Tengboche and Namche, and staying in the Sherpa hotel again.

No comments: