Thursday, April 01, 2010

Monjo



It took us about five minutes this morning to figure out what day it is. I think we're right, but possibly not.

Lots of tea. And the smell of yak dung. The hat I bought in Kathmandu, while impossibly touristy, is comfortable and doesn't make my head sweat. My backpack is not too heavy and I'm not blistered at all yet. Magic boots and socks. And the sun keeps shining and my solar charger works, so I can recharge my Ipod. All the planets are aligned.

We went on an altitude acclimatization walk this afternoon, climbed another 300m or so up the valley we're camping in - then came down again. I feel pretty good so far. Hopefully that continues.

And I continue to be amazed by the surroundings, the life, the air, and the sheer experience of BEING HERE.

No comments: