Sunday, August 24, 2003

because I am such a good mom, (feel free to laugh, I won't be offended) I agreed to go down to the Bingo Palace tonight and be the designated money-handing-out volunteer for the kids' school. The parent group, to which I do not belong and never will, is supposed to send two volunteers six times a year to help out at a four-hour bingo session. The poor man who is in charge of getting volunteers has a hell of a time convincing people to come out and help. I like him, he's very earnest, and I don't mind going and spending a late evening in his company. He told me tonight that I'm the only person who never turns him down / stands him up. I've come every time he's asked me. Even though I hate it and there's too much smoke, which makes me have nic fits in the morning. What I find amusing is that all these other parents have plenty of time to go to meetings at the school and be the parent committee, but when it comes to bingo, which makes us a whole load of money, they either say they'll come and then don't, or they have much more important things to do...

No comments: