Friday, September 26, 2003

things seem to be moving along. My new booth is cosy, and not surrounded by video games and people looking for Wal-mart. as a matter of fact, there is a Telus store right next to me with four televisions hanging from the ceiling, with closedcaptioning on. I watched the Simpsons for a while last night when it got slow, and the little cutie who works there brought me a remote, so I can change the channels if I like, as they can't see the tvs inside the store. Today was the busiest lottery day I have ever worked... I literally stood in one spot all day and dispensed tickets. For a good portion of the day I had a line up of about four people in front of me at all times. By the time I finished with one, another had added to the end of the line. All pretty good and happy, though, as I'm fast and I laugh at all their jokes. Anyone who started questioning me about the old owner, I just looked sympathetic and said, well, Wednesday was his last day, I'm sure you'll all miss him.

There is also a comfy chair, and the security guard is a woman I know from Woodgrove, and lotsvof my old customers came and said, "What are you doing here?" and when I told them I've moved, they all said, "Oh, we'll come buy from you here". Now I just have to deal with my homework...

No comments: