Sunday, January 04, 2004

On New Year's Day we pooled all our money and went skiing. Which was awesome, as always. Ian proved his usual daredevil self, falling off the chairlift, crashing into the platter lift building, having a spectacular charliebrown style wipeout and losing skis, coat, mitts, scarf, poles etc. I met him halfway downhill after this particular one, and he was carrying all his equipment and looking very vacant. He claimed to be walking back to the top. Kirsten whined a lot. She's gained some weight, due to her eating habits and her general fitness level being low. Rachel we left at my mother's. She's still a bit mad at me for this, as my mother organized the life out of her for the day...

Today I managed a rare day off. So, at 6 pm, I am still sitting in my pajamas, drinking the sherry my mother left at Christmas and listening to The Police, with the dogs. The others have all gone to gramma's.