Saturday, June 19, 2004

Whatever happens, from hereon in, one thing will remain the same. Madonna will always be ten years older than me...

I handed in the drug policy paper. Now it's violence. Thank-you to all who sent me ideas, I appreciate it.

I feel a bit better, mentally. I seem to have managed to get the delusions/obsessions under control. Or they're controlling me and I've become comfortable with it, it's hard to know which.

When Reagan died, I was standing at work watching the news coverage on the tvs at the Telus store, and one of my customers, a man who drives his wife to work at one of the stores in the mall, came up. We had the following conversation.

Customer: So, Reagan's still dead.
Me: Still dead?
Customer: Yup, I've always said he died in that assassination attempt, and they replaced him with an actor.
Me: There's a name for that sort of theory, you know. Impostor something-or-other. It goes along with thinking that people have been replaced by aliens.
Customer: I can't talk about that with you. You're probably an alien. Why did they raise the prices on the lottery?
Me: I don't know. It's a conspiracy.
Customer: Damn aliens, they're everywhere.

No comments: