Saturday, November 26, 2005

Books this week:

Primo Levi -- The Drowned and the Saved Heavy stuff. He survived Auschwitz.
Introduction to the Lotus Sutra
Anne Rice -- Blood and Gold For some reason I'm finding this slow to get into.
Howard Cutler and The Dalai Lama -- The Art of Happiness at Work I'm reading this bit by bit at bedtime, it's lovely.
Alice Munro -- Open Secrets
Michael Caine -- What's It All About This is a biography, and I don't know how good it will be later on, but his childhood in London and as a child evacuee is very funny.
William Fleeman -- Anger Management Workbook
This one's interesting, with some good stuff on anger as an addiction in itself.
Daniel Sonkin and Michael Durphy -- Learning to Live without Violence.
Stephan Pastis -- Sergeant Piggy's Lonely Hearts Club Comic Pearls Before Swine, Rachel's favourite.

1 comment:

Delia said...

I loved The Art of Happiness, though I haven't seen an "At Work" version. I got to see the Dalai Lama speak in Chicago a few years ago. It was amazing.