Thursday, April 07, 2011













I am a pelegrino - a pilgrim. We are walking. For the last year or so, people have been asking me what I was going to do this spring, since I went to Everest last spring. And I've been saying, "I'm going to walk across Spain." And now I'm doing it. We are obviously pilgrims. We've got the backpacks, and I've got a crest that says "Canadian Company of Pilgrims". As people pass us, locals and non-Camino tourists, they say, "Buen Camino."


My head is pretty quiet, today. It sang me some songs, but other than that no worries. We walked 30k today, starting out of Pamplona, which is a pretty university city, and up the Alto de Perdon, a big hill with wind turbines up top. Stopped at a little village for lunch. My feet are tired, tonight, and we're staying in an albergue (a hostel) in the basement of quite a nice hotel. Apparently they serve breakfast. Everyone in the albergues gets up pretty early, and they have a time you have to be gone by, which so far has been 8am. A little early for us jet-lagged folk, but it's nice to get going before it gets hot.

No comments: