Saturday, September 28, 2002

the second job interview was kinda strange. Young man wants: accounting / web design / content management / complete knowledge of aromatherapy / phone answering / e-mail processing / graphic design / bottling of product / shipping... part-time, 12 dollars an hour. What this tells me is that he's too cheap to pay an accountant or a web-designer, or to hire someone full time and / or take the time to train anyone. He asked me if I knew anything about aromatherapy, and I said I had sold products at the candle shop but that was as far as my knowledge went. He was pretty serious, and I don't think he appreciated the fact that I was relaxed... When I was leaving he said he thought he would have to do more interviews, which I took to mean that since it was 5pm Friday he had done interviews all day and hadn't found anyone with the skill set required... I can do the web stuff, although not to a professional standard, and I can do the accounting, which is what he advertised for.

But then when I got home there was a message on my machine to call the last set of folks I left a resume with, so either the odds are getting better, or people are getting desperate.

Eventually... something will click. Also I guess I'm not desperate yet myself, as I've been picking up a few days at the candle shop. I thought the interview with the lottery folks went well, but I think I'll just wait and see what happens.

No comments: