Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sometimes the North is a very strange place.

Social Services called me today. I had printed them out a document and sent it over. It had printed itself on legal sized paper and I'd chopped off the bottom couple of inches. Which usually turns out ok but today it made the edges kind of ratty. The social worker who called me was asking in a concerned way if he needed to send me over a ream of paper, as perhaps we had run out. I said, no, and explained about the printer settings and how I'd tried to cut off the excess with scissors, and then I realized he had me on the speaker phone and some other people were laughing at me in the background. I will get my revenge. I just haven't thought how yet.

I have to tell you that, in the aftermath of court, we have been making bets on who will last the longest on their probation.

Also, did you know (I had to go look) that there is a town in Newfoundland called Dildo? My boss was talking about it today. He says that it's just down the road from Come By Chance.

2 comments:

Delia said...

The dog hoarder sounds just plain sick. The town names crack me up! I could send you some paper too, if you like, though it might be a little pricey on the postage and who knows when you'll get it. :)

kaiela said...

I wish I could get my boss to explain it. He's so nonchalant. I think Newfoundland (he's from that area) must be a crazy place.