Thursday, June 29, 2006


Sleep is all screwed up. At 11:20pm we decided to go for a drive. To take pictures. We were gone for an hour. At 12:42am, now, it is still broad daylight. Rachel, who got up at noon, is reading Garfield in her pajamas. I think Ian might be asleep, I haven't seen him for a while.

What seems to happen, mostly, is that you go to bed and can't quite manage to get to sleep. So maybe every three or four nights you crash and get a good night's sleep. Other days you nap. Somehow the body is aware that it's light outside, even with tinfoil on the windows, and refuses to fall asleep.

5 comments:

Edward said...

Ugh.

I really can imagine the fog you must be in on a daily basis. This phenomenon is known to those who have worked midnights longterm.

Delia said...

I spent a week in St. Petersburg Russia during the white nights. Man, I didn't sleep at all. Felt great, but I crashed so hard when I got home. I think I was running on pure adrenaline during that vacation.

Delia said...

Love the bunny picture, btw. :)

kaiela said...

Yeah, like working midnights! gives me the same feeling that I'm doing something unnatural. white nights, that's a good description...

The bunnies are changing into their summer coats. In the winter they are pure white.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie...just wanted to say hi, check out how you're doing and all that stuff.
Love