Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Here is our weather. It's celsius. (Although I believe that at minus 45 the two measurement systems merge?)

Blizzard warning in effect.

Tonight
Blizzard. Wind northwest 60 km/h gusting to 80. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 46.
Thursday
Blizzard ending in the morning then sunny. Blowing snow in the morning. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 31 in the evening. Wind chill minus 46.
Thursday night
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34 with temperature rising to minus 23 by morning. Wind chill minus 46.

4 comments:

Delia said...

That makes me want to pass out.

kaiela said...

Yeah, it is a bit extreme. I forgot my snow pants when I went to the school Thursday night for a meeting, and there was a nasty minute when I realized I was half-way there and my knees were really quite cold. So either way, to press on or go back, (nowhere else is open) I was gonna have frozen knees.

Delia said...

OMG. How did you not die? Seriously. That is just...gah. Are you okay? Did you have to go to the hospital?

kaiela said...

Scary, but it was ok. The danger of frostbite is worse on exposed skin, and it didn't get that far. Just to the loss of feeling stage. :)

I warmed my legs up when I got inside and it was ok. Then someone at the meeting offered me a ride home afterwards.