Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The keys to the post office have been out of my possession for 48 hours now. They haven't called me. I think it might be over. After my last post I surrendered the keys but someone dropped them off at my house surreptitiously and I ended up back there again last week. I feel very grumpy about the whole thing.

I've been sick since Saturday. A nasty flu-thing. My class that I'm supposed to be teaching has also dwindled, due to sick babies. I went in yesterday and today and waited for 25 minutes or so, but no students, so I thankfully went back home to bed. Tonight I feel a bit better, but I think it might just be the virus regathering strength to come back at me in a different area.

I'm not sure that this class is going to fly. Interest seems sporadic. Which is a shame, but then what can you do? I guess the funny thing is that seven students were signed up, but so far I've only seen one on any kind of a regular basis, and a mixture of excuses and silence from the rest. But, I've been working a lot, since the beginning of November, and I decided that the sickness (which rarely happens to me) is because I'm too tired. So I'm being lazy. I watched soap operas with Kirsten all afternoon today. Too much fun.

No comments: