Saturday, February 08, 2003

spent some time with Rachel this evening. She sometimes feels a bit lonely when I have to work or study a lot. we painted some pictures, with the lovely watercolors the poster child for financial mismanagement sent home with M for her, bright pictures of flowers and mountains. Then we read her new Winnie the Pooh book, 101 uses for a honeypot, which she enjoyed. After some supper, we had a bubble bath, which I think is a bit strange but she really likes, and while we were sitting in the bath she said, "Have you ever noticed something that you've seen before and all of a sudden it's beautiful?" And I said, "Yes." She went on, "Sometimes when I come up here and the incense is burning, the windows in here and the walls are so nice..."

She wants to read me a bedtime story now. Sometimes, yes, things that you've seen before can suddenly be beautiful.

No comments: