Thursday, June 28, 2007

Somehow, during the course of my day, I managed to get a piece of pineapple lodged in my nose. It took a long time to snuff it out. I did this in the bathroom, for those of you who are wondering.

I share this with you because maybe it will make you say, hey, my day wasn't so bad, I don't have a cold like Kate's, I don't have to work while the rest of my family goes on a fishing trip, I don't have to puppy-sit (and I know it's gonna whine allllll night) and there is currently no fruit in my nasal cavity.

And as a note to Ed, when the man who fits the bill you describe walks into my life, he will probably be completely disgusted to find me trying to extricate something from my nose, and will run as fast as he can.

My dad's having his heart valve surgery on July the 11th. I'm scared... and I think he is too.

2 comments:

Delia said...

My mom had a heart valve replacement six years ago, and after physical therapy she has gone completely back to her normal life, including mowing her yard and going camping whenever she can. It's really worth the recovery time and pain. Which valve is it? Mom had her aortic valve replaced with a plastic one. When she exercises, you can hear it click if you lean in close to her chest. I told her it makes her like Captain Hook's tick-tocking crocodile...she'll never be able to sneak up on her prey.

kaiela said...

It is aortic, being replaced with a pig valve, and they are also going to redo three of the five bypasses they did 14 years ago. So as his second open heart surgery it's kind of scary.