Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm a bit slow in the updating...

(which is like slow on the uptake but quieter.)

Took all my kids and one of Patti's out to the cabin this last weekend, it was windy but it was very cosy to be out there. Miguel was in Vancouver. We barbecued, swept up flies, played cards and bickered amicably, lots of fun. There is a converted woodstove that now burns oil like a furnace, and Ian helped me start it. When it warmed up, we made raisin scones in the oven for a midnight snack.

Work is good. Busy. Lots to do these days. And I have a summer cold that is a real pain. Now that we finally have summer.

Kirsten and I are going to be by ourselves the next couple of days, Rachel, Miguel, and Ian are going to Ferguson Lake fishing with some other families. Kirsten's puppy-sitting. I'll take pictures, because the puppy's awfully cute.

2 comments:

Edward said...

Swept up flies?

kaiela said...

Yup. The flies come with the warm weather. They live for their allotted three days or however many it is, and then they die and fall to the ground. We swept up three dustpans full before we felt comfortable in the cabin.