Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm doing the dishes. Sometimes this process takes me an hour, because I am easily distracted.

First I had to find appropriate music. Today it was Outkast, because I needed to drown out a rowdy game of Life in the dining room. The game broke up quite quickly, with some shouts of "I hate Life" and some withdrawing to rooms. Then I had to suggest some alternate diversions to Rachel and her friend Siobhan. But Siobhan called her mother and was told to go home, so then I had to explain why I couldn't drive her. (look out the window. do you see a car? no?) She and Rachel set off on foot.

I also got sidetracked by sweeping the floor (because the dining room table had crumbs on the placemats and they ended up on the floor) and finding a disk I'd lost, under my desk - the bunny hunt picture disk that I was supposed to add my own pictures to prior to giving to Dan. So I did that. Also for some reason there was a maggot ??? in the disk case. So we had to examine it.

The spaghetti pan had been put back on a burner with wet spaghetti in it. Now dry spaghetti. Much scraping. I also thought of something I'd been meaning to Google - we were talking about Facebook jealousy at work. So I went off to do that, and ended up here. Not doing the dishes.

Joeby's eating the dirt I swept up. The clam chowder pot is soaking. Condemned is being played. I'm nowhere near the kitchen.

On the plus side, I accomplished a lot this weekend, work-wise. We're almost done the lay reader training course. Apparently in short order I will be licensed and allowed to lead prayer services, perform funerals, do baptisms in extremis, and anything else the diocese decides it wants done. And yeah, I'm still a bit bewildered about this. I keep waiting for someone to come and say, "No, really, ha ha, not you, we were just kidding."

2 comments:

Edward said...

Theme music to chores?

LOL

kaiela said...

:) yep. I used to get the kids to help clean up by playing really loud music, and now I can't do chores without it.