Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The universe does not want me to have a daybook.

I have a Dayrunner binder that Miguel gave me a few years ago. We have no stationery store here. The Dayrunner website took my order back in 2005, for 2006 pages, and they were shipped up here to the wilds. Success. This, however, was, I realize now, a freak occurrence contrary to the laws of nature. Like, oh, I don't know, when it.... rains frogs....

In September of 2006, feeling very organized, I went on the Dayrunner website and ordered new pages for 2007. They did not come. My credit card was never charged. I wrote to them in November, wondering about the status of my order. I got back a terse email that informed me that my "address was not in their computer". So no pages. When I headed out to Australia, I did a bit of shopping in Edmonton and looked for pages, but it was March and everyone was sold out.

2008 was approaching. I'd been writing my appointments and to-doings in list form on the spare looseleaf pages that came with my Dayrunner when I first got it, but the spares were running out. I went south in November, but got caught up in other things and never did find a store that sold them. Miguel looked in Toronto, when he was there. No luck.

On March 5th, I went on the net and, as I mentioned, ordered a Moleskine. I expected that it would be in the mail when I got back from holidays. It was not. I emailed the seller. He said, oh, it must have been lost in the mail, I'll send you another one. That was two weeks ago.

I realized today that according to Amazon Stores' policy, I have three more days to claim a refund. It's been 57 days since I ordered the book. 57 days that I have not been able to keep track of, because I DON'T HAVE A DAYBOOK.

Rachel said to me, (When I was yelling about it at lunchtime) "You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to mail you one. It's not rocket surgery."

No comments: